OFF ALL BOOKINGS
MADE PRIOR TO 31 JANUARY
SCOTLAND & IRELAND
CELTIC HEARTLAND ADVENTURE TOUR . 2020 DATES
Scheduled Tour: May 25 – June 5
Scheduled Tour: June 15 – June 26
Scheduled Tour: July 6 – July 17
The ultimate tour to end all tours. Fly into Dublin, hop on the tour and let the adventure begin. Breathtaking aerial views of the landscape below are just the beginning. Take in two countries in one tour. We travel from the north atlantic coast of Ireland to the inner Hebrides and highlands of Scotland for an off-the-beaten track adventure. Good times, great memories and storytelling adventures. This mega tour comprises 12 full days and 11 nights through Ireland to the great Scottish highlands and the city of Edinburgh capital of the Celtic world. Stay at haunted castles and savour spirits of the drinking variety too. So Buckle up! you are in for the journey of a lifetime.
- Be immersed in the stories that bring the Celtic Heartlands to life.
- Visit the big name sites and the hidden gems.
- Enjoy the best whiskies in the world. That’s a given!
- Plus, two countries for the price of one.
- Welcome aboard.
|Pricing||Per Person Sharing, Single Person Supplement|
WHAT’S INCLUDED …
DAY 1 | DUBLIN TO TEMPLE HOUSE
- Visit the ancient royal site of Tara – Seat of the High Kings of Ireland
- Journey through the heart of Ireland to the Hill of Uisneach (centre of ancient Ireland)
- Arrive at Temple house and enjoy an evening’s private traditional music concert and storytelling with your own Shanakee
DAY 2 | TEMPLE HOUSE TO DERRY/LONDONDERRY
- Explore Yeats country the land of heart’s desire that inspired some of the 20thC greatest literature
- Head ‘Into the wild’ on our journey to Donegal. Cross the border into northern Ireland and hear the fascinating history of the north.
- Stay this night within the heart of Derry City’s 17th Century walls
DAY 3 | DERRY/LONDONDERRY TO BALLYGALLY
- The spectacular Antrim coast awaits (and a dram of bushmills or two), we head north as far as we can go …
- Hear stories of Giants and lost Spanish gold.
- Stay at Ireland’s most haunted hotel and dine with ghosts.
DAY 4 | BALLYGALLY TO BELFAST
- Titanic Belfast awaits! Visit the multi award winning Titanic docks.
- Take a black cab tour through Belfast’s troubled historical past.
- Stay in Belfast’s University quarter and take an evening stroll. Experience Ireland’s answer to Hogworts.
DAY 5 | BELFAST TO SCOTLAND
- As the song goes ‘Will ye go lassie go?’ too right we will, by ferry we cross to Scotland, home of the brave.
- We head north for Glasgow stopping at the Rabbie Burns museum. Ayrshire birthplace and home of Scotland’s national poet y’know… the lad who wrote ‘Auld Lang Syne’
- Tonight we dine in Glasgow, home of the Clyde and Billy Connolly.
DAY 6 | GLASGOW TO OBAN
- From the Victorian smoke stacks of Glasgow into the mountain air and the highlands
- Visit Dumbarton and Inveraray Castle’s home of the Duke of Argyl, and the ruins of Kilchurn castle (home of the bloodthirsty Black Duncan Cambell).
- Stay tonight in the delightful northern harbour town of Oban with its’ famous distillery and departure point for the Isle of Mull and Iona.
DAY 7 | OBAN
- Today is your day chose to take it easy and wander the shops and pubs of Oban.
- Today, you can opt for a boat trip to the isles of Mull, Iona and Staffa home to the famous Columban monastery.
- Dine at one of the many great restaurants in Scotland’s seafood capital.
DAY 8 | OBAN TO FORT AUGUSTUS
- All aboard the Hogwart’s Express!!! Today we step back in time to the age of steam and visit the highlands in style aboard the Jacobite steam train.
- Lunch in the quaint fishing village of Mallaig
- Tonight we share a lakeside with the Loch Ness monster overlooking the Caledonian Canal and Loch Ness
DAY 9 | FORT AUGUSTUS TO PITHLOCHRY
- Today we take in the spectacular scenery of the Loch Ness valley.
- Visit the Falls at Foyers in a beautiful Scots pine forest setting.
- Visit Culloden, the moor site of the highlander’s last stand outside the town of Inverness.
DAY 10 | PITHLOCHRY TO STIRLING
- From the picture postcard village of Pithlochry we head for the medieval city of Stirling
- Visit the mystical hermitage forest park with its magical cascades and gorges
- Only the bravest of hearts can ascend the mighty Wallace monument boasting spectacular views over the Forth river valley.
DAY 11 | STIRLING TO EDINBURGH
- Today from Stirling castle to the city that needs no introduction…
- Edinburgh, capital of Scotland the Brave.
- We stay this night in the heart of the old town, a stone’s throw from the royal mile and Edinburgh castle.
DAY 12 | EDINBURGH
- Take a skip the line tour of the imposing Edinburgh castle.
- Bid farewell to your guide and Shanakee. Til next we meet.
- The rest of the day is yours to wander the narrow cobbled streets and alleys of the Scottish capital.
- Off the beaten track adventure
- Services of highly trained tour guide
- 12 FULL days on tour
- 11 nights accommodation
- 12 Full breakfasts
- Ferry Crossing
- Fantastic guided walks
- Hogwort’s steam train
- Most entrance fees
- House concert and storytelling evening
- Good times and great memories
There are no reviews yet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.